LYC 2.03% $6.28 lynas rare earths limited

'“If REE prices start an uptrend, then LYC could be rather...

1. 8,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    '“If REE prices start an uptrend, then LYC could be rather profitable, but if they stay at $28 then that is not so good for the SP, and any further price destruction could be a serious matter for the profitability of LYC in the 2014 year.”
    I respectively do not buy into that at all. Also question why your predictions on Lynas’ profitability is based solely on current basket price. You are suggesting that ‘if REE prices start an uptrend, then LYC could be rather profitable”, not profitable if prices stabilize or go even lower?'

I did not say LYC would not be profitable at current prices, did I. You read too much into it based on your view, fair enough. But please don't try and make out I said something that I did not say. Bad form.

I have also posted about the huge profit increases if the AU$ keeps going south. Is that negative as well :-)

I prefer to work with known data, and not speculation as to how good the SP will be based on some unknown data. What I will do is sensitivity analysis against the major variables. In my view Basket Price and AU$ are the two big factors, assuming all product is sold. I published a SS so you or anyone else can plug their own numbers in to see the potential for changes to these variables, as they can be debatable. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

'when CEO remains confident about profit' - Any numbers, not seen any profit numbers being bandied around? If not then he is saying the same as me, and I'm sure he would be very happy if REE prices go up.

I fail to understand your view, but it is valid for you and that is fine.

Best to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.28
Change
-0.130(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $5.879B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.27 $3.308M 526.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 10329 $6.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.29 19442 66
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.36am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.