LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

dollar vlaue of cld at 11000 tonne p/a, page-8

1. 8,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    'Aren't Lynas products client specific?'

So has been stated by LYC. However I'm sure all REE suppliers could claim likewise for product sold under contract?

e.g. I want to buy 6kt PA of CE at 99%. A producer supplies said product. It is thus customer specific in as much as a specific customer order has been fulfilled according to contractual terms.

Don't you think the Chinese are currently supplying special combinations and purity to the world market? How else are customers dealing with the Chinese supply.

It could be argued that industrial companies are having to reprocess supply to get to the special needs of a particular process. So these companies have invested probably large amounts of capital to do so. Would they write this off to have the product supplied from LYC at a higher cost? Maybe, but longer term, and not in 2013/4/5 IMO.

Until we see the hard numbers, maybe in Oct, but with more certainty in Jan or March 2014, all this chatter about some special deal between LYC and customers is smoke and mirrors - IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.