''There is no excuse for violence in any form. '' I would prefer...

1. 81,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''There is no excuse for violence in any form. ''

I would prefer to say that violence is never acceptable ------------ but as to 'reason' for violence -

there's reason everywhere, every day

I recall a conversation with a young tradie who I knew - he was about 30, single and lived by himself in a house he owned in Tasmania -

He worked as a tradie, then took months off and did his home renovation - his trade work paid for his time and resources to renovate.

When he was working at home outside - many many times. He said that there was an older man and his wife who lived next door.

In the morning the wife would go out to work. The man would be at home all day. The young guy said that he never heard the bloke all day, he was a good neighbour, never did anything wrong, was always polite etc.

But, when the wife came home every afternoon - all the young bloke heard was the wife - the minute she walked in the door, she began abusing and yelling and nagging at the husband. The husband never raised his voice to the woman - not that my friend ever heard, never heard an aggressive sound from the man.

One day, the tradie came back from being out all day - and there were police cars at the neighbours place

the man had killed the woman.

Well - whilst violence is never acceptable ---------- my friend said that all he knew was what he heard

and from his reports - there sure seemed like plenty of reason for the violence

the abused - sometimes, crack

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.