the way the law works is based on the rules of evidence. That...

1. 17,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    the way the law works is based on the rules of evidence. That means if the perpetrator denies it the and the victim did not go to the police early enough (which can happen for a range of reasons) it becomes path on oath. Prosecutors are reluctant to take such a case if there is nothing more.

that doesn’t mean the police don’t have a view but simply they won’t. The police I dealt with were amazing, thoughtful and had a pretty good idea where truth lay - and it wasn’t with the perpetrator. It was they encouraged me to lay the complaint and then felt awful for me. Had I understood the law properly at that time I would not have done so because he can say he wasn’t charged, was innocent or whatever. but nearly being driven off the side of the road while they try to strangle you (for not having the money to pay two bills) - one isn’t quite in the mindset to collect evidence or sash to the police

I accept however that the rules of evidence are there for a reason and protect the innocent even if it means liars can get away with it. That’s on their conscience, their karma and that’s the best one can do sometimes

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.