''Along comes Javier Milei and in very short period of time and...

1. 85,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Along comes Javier Milei and in very short period of time and with the knackers to make important changes - is slowly putting Argentina back on an even keel.''

come back to me AFTER we see results ---------------- atm, all we see are drastic actions

the results will be measured years later - not minutes.

Now forgetting that shit -------

''At this stage there are two choices - you do nothing and the whole tragic charade continues unabated, or
    you take drastic measures to fix it.''

Yes I would agree with that - but, I'd temper the 'drastic' - I'd say that what measures are put in place -

should be well planned, MEASURED, applied without too much of limits on 'what's it going to cost'

and I think that probably - most measures would be otherwise than punishment of offenders etc.

Education would be a big one ------- educating people that persons who have been exposed to or experienced DV as children are far far more likely to be involved in it themselves

then have sets of conditions which allows people space and security and facilities to deal with the risks - whatever they are - be that exposure as kids, be that poor housing, be that limited funds if they need to get out of abusing or abusive situations, be that to avoid the kinds of housing that elevate DV -

so, for a person who has experienced DV or been exposed to it as a kid - to make sure that the person isn't thrust into an intense high density, high violence living quarters - and with no access to psychological help and therapy etc.

all of that is very complex - and nuanced -------------- not the realm of what one would call 'drastic' steps

and certainly NOT the kind of steps taken by the example of governance you gave in Argentina -

my god - it would be the total opposite of such a way of governing - with a baseball bat approach.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.