I think much of what you say is true with significant problems....

1. 17,309 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I think much of what you say is true with significant problems. There is worse to come. The conversation included reference to out of control encouragement to identify as anything one wants including dogs and cats - encouragement to the point of enabling what to me is a psychological problem and shows serious levels of social maladjustment. This isn’t just a possibility- it is real
    and happening now. But if the reaction were to treat them exactly as they identify - eg cat litter for toilets, milk in a bowl, food on the floor, dog bones or dried food the institution that did that would be accused of abuse

you cannot have a functioning society when individual rights far outweigh social obligations / when narcissistic sense of self means that society is expected to adapt to every single twisted version of desire and want.

but I don’t think we should under estimate the way social
    role expectations impact. I suspect women have tried to cast off old roles far more than men and that has created many problems. A competent woman who is used to having agency on the workplace doesn’t take well to a man who tries to exercise control or needs to possess their woman (I can’t speak for men but many women experience this challenge). And there are always narcissistic controlling human ( but social roles may well enable men more than women. The narcissist may want want their object has but having it must destroy it since it reminds them of what they are not. That behaviour is more prevalent in men but takes a different shape in women)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.