certainly there has been a serious spate of violent murders....

1. 41,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    agree Moggs. the dysfunctional families though are rooted in drug (alcohol) abuse much more than merely being young parents.

but yet the dysfunctional behaviours do get perpetuated if theres no remedial intervention. the ambulance is far more expensive in every means of accounting the cost than the intervention that a single other, mate, casual or professional observer, can offer.
    certainly there has been a serious spate of violent murders. we've been simply locking men up with no improvement, so your observation is entirely appropriate. the logic I've posted is the new way that politicians and others who are defensive have resisted. police, doctors, social workers, psychologists and womens' orgs have all been calling for this change in the paradigm for over 30 years to my knowledge and readings.

all these knowledgeable cohorts of experts (womens' orgs being the most knowledgable due to their life experience) are wanting to change the outcome. its those wedded to populism that maintain the simplistic punishment regime with no preventive efforts.

ask your knowledgable wife and daughter, who you've described as nurses. they will likely tell you the same..

I don't disagree with your suggestion though. a working remote farm would likely help some.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.