Domestic violence- double standards, page-7

1. 24,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    There's no sense to the court system and it has nothing to do with justice or punishment that some anywhere near suiting the 'crime', and a lot of the time no real crime has been committed (as in there were no victims). The woman in the story got at least 8 years for murder...erm 'manslaughter'. This guy got threatened with 25 years in jail just for having a few old mushrooms in his bag. ***k the 'law', there is no justice.

https://medium.com/@ck.medicinepath/the-harsh-reality-for-magic-mushroom-possession-a-true-story-of-jail-time-becoming-a-fugitive-fb465ffd3108

"

was pulled over for a blown headlight on the Newell Highway in far North-West NSW on my way to QLD from VIC. My vehicle was searched, due to previous minor drugs charges.

The police found a bag containing 23 grams of dried Subaeurginosa mushrooms in the side pocket of a sports bag. They had been there for 18+ months and I missed them while packing. I was only aware of a small amount of cannabis in my possession, until shown the mushrooms during this search to my absolute dismay!

I’m an otherwise law-abiding-citizen and family man, with no desire to harm others or break reasonable, ethical laws.

Within hours of my arrest, I was sent straight to:

• Moree prison for 3 nights
    • Tamworth prison remand center for 4 weeks
    • Cessnock supermax remand for 3 weeks

LUCKILY, I got bail on medical grounds, due to an issue with a recent left hand operation.

The only reason that I’m free to write this post, was an excruciatingly painful, post operative cyst that was basically ignored by medical staff inside prison.

Once I got across the border to my home state after ten weeks bail in Moree, I was forced to make the hardest decision of my life:

Return to face a long sentence — up to 25 years, OR, forever be a fugitive of NSW; never having a passport again unless a miracle change in these laws occurs.

All for possessing native fungi which I use for healing.

I would have walked free for many times that amount of heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine, because the seriously indictable amount of these compounds is 250 grams. TEN times the seriously indictable amount of mushrooms in NSW!"

The insane are running the asylum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.