VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

Hi all,Congratulations to all of us who held their nerve during...

1. 114 Posts.
    Hi all,
    Congratulations to all of us who held their nerve during the beginning of trade today. Whilst most of us are talking about Bauxite I thought I would investigate the area surrounding the Suplejack Gold Resource in NT that ORD has plans to drill over the coming months. I was very heartened to find the below text relating to the Groundrush mine just 40klms south of our tenements. There are some impressive numbers mentioned here and I can't help but feel that our Suplejack tenements are part of the same geological formation. (will do some further research to confirm that)For a gold bug like myself I am rather excited by the likelihood of what we may unearth once drilling commences. Of course we may just find a lot of compacted rock but then again by looking at the below excerpt we might just find a bit more than we expected.
    As a point of note I do not hold shares in the company that own the Groundrush or nearby mines. I have only recently sold all my holdings in a number of oil and gold explorers to switch to this and put it all into ORD for an average of 7.9c.
    Apologies for taking away from the bauxite discussions but thought it important to put a little word in about one of our Gold interests for the new folk.

In addition, the first two near mine exploration drill holes at Groundrush on the Central Tanami Project have intersected broad zones of mineralisation well below the base of the existing open pit. These results add to the positive Hurricane?]Repulse drill results reported on 11 March 2011.

Tanami is bullish that Groundrush has potential to quickly and significantly add to the company?fs Resource base from extensions to mineralisation both along strike and at depth.

Groundrush is by far the largest producing historical open pit on the Central Tanami Project (CTP) tenements (+600,000 ounces recovered) and produced more than 5,000 ounces of gold per vertical metre when it was mined over a three year period up to 2004.

In addition to the two surface diamond drill rigs operating at Groundrush, the company has mobilised another smaller diamond drill rig to test the Groundrush footwall lode which was exposed through previous open pit mining and delivered high grade ore to the mill.

Other than in the southern part of the open pit, where the lode was exposed and mined, the footwall lode has only had one hole drilled into it along strike to the north which returned an interval of 2 metres at 30g/t gold. The lode, which will be drill tested using the third rig, remains open along strike to the north and south and at depth.

Tanami is set to boost gold production at the Tanami project after a A$3.4 million upgrade to the Coyote treatment plant, as the company continues to hit further high grade gold intersections.

The company said the Coyote Stage I plant upgrade "is performing well with increased recoveries of approximately 98% being maintained and throughput achieving a rate equivalent to 350,000 tonnes per annum."

Tanami now has access to approximately 100 kilometres of strike of the prospective Mount Charles Formation which includes high priority drill targets located within trucking distance of the CTP treatment plant, following the grant of SELs 26925 and 26926 on 25 January 2011.

The priority targets include Gallifrey (historic drill interval of 22 metres at 8.5g/t gold), Marlena (historic drill interval of 16 metres at 16.1g/t gold) and Dolphin (historic drill interval of 4 metres at 32.8g/t gold).

Tanami now plans to commence drill testing the regional targets during the June 2011 quarter.

Taken from the below link:

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/15611/tanami-gold-sees-groundrush-open-pit-adding-to-resource-base-at-central-tanami--15611.html

Kind Regards,

ORD-inary Banksy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.