DNA 6.06% 3.5¢ donaco international limited

AQS from what I can gather has growth plans, has been/is being...

1. 8,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 877
    AQS from what I can gather has growth plans, has been/is being refurbished which will in time draw more visitors. It is not plagued by ego maniacs and legals and hence seen as having more stability to investors. No they haven't payed dividends but then there are other companies where they reinvest by growing the company and in that case markets tend to be forward looking and perceive growth to be more valuable to share price appreciation than a dividend.

Having said that, comparing companies in a market where opportunities are currently there for the taking may not necessarily result in DNA's uplift in share price movement. Investing and investors tend to be fickle and not always tied to any specific company for their good performance or otherwise.

DNA needs to shake off the past bad times and prove itself by earnings stability as well as stability of a coherent Board. The incumbent CEO is yet to prove his worth.

In addition what assurance has the market has that down the track some more legal wranglings won't happen - especially given past history and the fact that Somboon is back. I mean how do you get a lease from a person and then let that same person in to tell you how to run the show?? Not only did the value and reputation of DNA been flushed away - he's now back to take more profit - a quarter - wow - what a good businessman he turned out to be.

For a positive rerate for DNA, cards have to fall in place - they need to pull a few aces out and keep pulling them out - not sure how they're going to do it with Somboon back in the camp - currently the only card the market sees in play is the Joker and he is laughing incessantly.

In my mind the best bet is to sell SV to Somboon and focus on Aristo and perhaps acquiring another asset or a special dividend to shareholders and leave all this crap behind. Then we might just see a rerate and wipe that smile off the Joker's face.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.