Donald Trump to win 2020 in landslide, page-77

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30

Hi secretsquirrel4,

I didn't see the reply of the other poster. Again, there's really no need for personal abuse. Are you able to conduct a discussion without abusing the other participant?

I don't have any undying connection to Trump. He's shown himself to be arrogant, loose with the truth, and disrespectful. I was simply asking for your opinion as to what would lead to Trump not being the Republican candidate in 2020.

To reply, IMO, the majority Republican Senate won't vote in favor of any impeachment article if it gets that far. It's simply a political process. To give an example of this, Clinton clearly perjured himself, but ALL 45 Democrat Senators voted against his impeachment in the Senate. This ensured a two thirds majority could not be reached to remove Clinton from office.

It's party politics and both sides are as bad as each other. The gap between the two parties has widened considerably since Clinton's impeachment in 1999. If you think a majority Republican Senate is going to remove a sitting Republican President in the current environment I think your ability to assess the political landscape is quite deficient. Especially considering Trump's popularity among registered Republican voters.

IMO Trump will be the Republican candidate in 2020, and depending on the Democratic candidate, actually has some chance of winning a second term.

Cheers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.