Donald Trump wants to ‘reopen’ US economy in weeks, not months, page-4

1. Osi
    16,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Wrong response Jimbo.

In a few weeks time the US hospital system will be completely overwhelmed.

No thinking person from any side of politics anywhere in the world could support a watering down of social distancing.

The response in Australia is haphazard enough but at least there is an attempt to slow the spread here.

I blame Trump's long held denial of a problem as a reason why we are looking at a catastrophe in East Coast Australian cities. Dutton presumably believed what the US Administration was telling him and Australia failed to prevent an infection wave from the US. Dutton himself contracted COVID-19 in the US.

Moving forward, how Australia recovers from this is partly dependent on how the US recovers. It's not looking good given that the US response is now being white anted by Trump.

Jimbo. Get it though your head that there is no friggin time to ramp up the number of ICU beds in the US before thousands of seriously ill people start turning up at under equipped and under staffed hospitals daily. Get it though your head that medical staff don't currently have enough protective equipment and that they themselves will contract the virus in due course. They will be your hero's but if either you or I get badly sick there may not be a ventilator for either of us and so we will die in a corridor.

In God's good name do explain why welded on Trumpists seek to ignore all medical opinion to make the crisis worse. I need to know!

I
    Last edited by Osi: 24/03/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.