LYC 0.65% $7.64 lynas rare earths limited

Well for starters unless you explain it I do not see any direct...

1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Well for starters unless you explain it I do not see any direct connection between Cap EX and production. For sure there is a indirect one the bigger the facilities the more that can be made but so many other things affect output, concentrations in ore what type of ore it is in, economies of scale are involved I would never use Cap EX as a judge. If you use CAP ex then how does Lynas produce "produce thousands of tones of HREE a year?" Lynas's CAP ex is about AUD 628 M ( Page 38 AR) so covert to USD and that would only give you about 4 tons a year by your bad methods not thousands. AUD 628 = USD 4.33 / USD 120 = 3.6 tons Now I think it will be much higher than this.
    Look at this presentation https://www.lynascorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/170323-Introduction-to-Lynas-Presentation.pdf page 9 you will see that SEG or HRE is about 20% of ND and PR. Though right now they are only producing 6 KT of Nd PR products a year they plan to do 7.2 You can multiply .2 times these numbers to see what the max steady state capability is for all the heavies combined. I think 1,410 tones is about max.

There is probably allot of SEG in storage. When you build a plant you build it to be efficient at what you think the steady state out put will be. not to produce a burst at the beginning. My guess is they will actually start smaller and then do enhancements and expansion to add capacity like they did with Lamp. One last comment I think Blue line will be about USD 50M cap Ex.
    Last edited by ContraryJ: 25/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.