Don't abandon Democracy, page-145

1. 2,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    Before Western/Eastern civilisation we were all hunter gathers, natural progression of a society. The current Indigenous life outcomes are as a direct result of discriminatory policies created by said "Western civilisation.
    First explain what is our "culture" and what does said culture have to do with a people quality of life? Why do you connect way of life with quality of life? Why can't someone who has a different way of life to yours also have a quality of life?

Relevance is you're using those subjects to support your argument that learning those = better educational outcomes. I would have thought the intention of formal education is to sculpt the minds, emotion, social and physical well being of a person, but I'm not surprised you only see it as an social indoctrination apparatus. You're right education isn't what it use to be thank god, it's getting way better!

What about all the negative effects that come with assimilation, you're assuming there is only positives and that no negative impacts on the child's development and well being through that process. Oh wait sorry it's for their own good so of course there won't be any negative impacts on the child well being or development. Singapore/Japan have the best educational outcomes in the world, lets say for example the gov "steal" a whole bunch of Australian children and assimilate them into those cultures, will that lead to better educational outcomes?

You implied wearing a suit means the person is unlikely to abuse police, what about Richard Pusey? Flashy euro car, wore a suit and 100% got out of said well maintained euro car, filmed and abused dying police.

"You ever see a man in a full three piece suit step out of his clean polished and well maintained Euro car and get into a fight with the cops? I doubt it." Weird you doubt I've seen that though cos I see it an awful lot! People from all walks of life will abuse and get into fights with police. Much like there is no indication someone screaming at police would have less formal education than someone driving a 200k car.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.