I always like to do a little search on things I read and see...

1. 6,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I always like to do a little search on things I read and see just to get a little background on what it is all about, and yes that is very true with that docket even though it was from 2002.

The laugh is in the background to this story, good find smile.png

Column 8: It's one of the great email circulars, and it's been going only two weeks.

The 103-year-old Royal Mail Hotel in Meekatharra, Western Australia, a town of some 1500 about 650 kilometres north-east of Perth, for some years has had a discount for Pensioner or Our Family Treat.

Whoever keyed it into the cash register had their little joke and added an ER to the acronym, so the charge for items bought with the discount was listed as POOFTER.

No one appears to have taken any notice of it until October 14, when someone, after a bistro meal, got a printed receipt for GST purposes that listed POOFTER DRINK - $3. An image of the receipt has since been flying around the internet, and was sent to us by Andrew McCallum, of Chiswick.

Enid, the hotel manager, says she's had 9 million calls, including a good-natured one from the gays and lesbians, who said they'd send busloads up to have a poofter drink.

The drink? A straight can of Swan. And, says Enid, the key is now off the cash register.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.