I doubt whether outsiders could understand the quality of the...

1. 814 Posts.
    I doubt whether outsiders could understand the quality of the depth off feelings Australians had over the Corby saga. All one has to do is ask the question why so many people felt outrage at why nothing could be done for this girl as those court proceedings continued. Enter foul play that became most evident in the minds of Australians who had followed the case and now with the unraveling allegations of baggage handlers at airports.
    This could have happened to my daughter, the girl next door or me, became the nightmare scenario of many at heart. Panic ensured seemingly without need of further proof amongst the public regarding the state of affairs of security at airports and of their luggage, that in turn prompted the airlines to make statements something like, how safe we are here with airline travel. The trial became a high stakes game and at risk was the Australian way of protecting innocence, righteousness and fairness, it became more and more evident that this was in fact going to be sacrificed and a shadow appeared in the minds of many that somewhere, somehow, someone wasn’t doing enough perhaps even a cover-up is at play.
    I ask, where else could all this energy that had built up in the minds of many be directed, was there anything here to piont at?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.