ETM 6.12% 2.3¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Don't expect those that oppose this development to give up

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Ok, a 'disclaimer' first. Don't currently own any shares, did own a bunch that I sold when GDLNF made that one run over 20 cents and the election was announced. I suspected 'why' and if I was right, I knew it wasn't going to be doing GDLNFs efforts any good. And I haven't bought new ones yet. While this is my first post on HCopper itself (just registered as a new user), lets see how long I 'last' cause I don't hold back.

Ok, the primary reason I sold was the news that an election was going to take place. Having observed how the anti-mining forces work in the US, including near me, I suspected that the intent was to find a way to halt the permitting. I have seen their 'playbook' in 'operation', and it includes doing anything they can, saying anything they can to halt the process. And even after the permit is granted, lawsuits and articles that attack the integrity of the permitting process and decision have been known to be filed. With the intent to continue finding ways to delay things from moving forward.

Been wanting to say this since I realized that this mining operation was facing headwinds in their pursuit of the permit. And any 'win' by GDLNF that advances their permit efforts, I fully expect there to be renewed efforts made to find anything that can be used to stop the progress. The rule regarding the uranium 10 ppm limit for instance, reminds me of an effort to halt the use of coal plants for power here in the US when a 'regulation' limiting mercury output from the stacks to a ridiculously low number was 'created'. As someone well versed in the industry told me, there was no scientific basis for the number, now there any way they could even measure the mercury levels down to that number with the technology they had at the time.

So when I heard about the 10 ppm number, it was 'deja-vu'.

To close, good luck to those that have it right, the world needs these resources. The country and its citizens would benefit for obvious reasons. And I fully expect even if the arbitration goes in GDLNFs favor, for something to be filed at a 'higher court' that even if it doesn't ultimately succeed in halting the mine, it will cost money and time. Again, a tactic I have seen used to try and get folks to just give up and quit trying.

and a final disclaimer to be clear: I want to load up on shares, but given how I have seen the opposition work in similar situations? I don't see the journey ahead being an easy one. Good luck. And guess I will find out if voicing these sentiments 'crossed' a line (smile).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
-0.002(6.12%)
Mkt cap ! $32.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.5¢ 2.3¢ $36.53K 1.543M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 151510 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 252330 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.