UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Don't Forget Abbvie Negotiations

1. 10 Posts.
    While another delay in reaching an Amgen deal is the focus of almost all of our interest, it is worth remembering that the clock has starting ticking on the exclusivity period of negotiations for an Abbvie deal as well.  The longer the Amgen process takes, the more likely it seems that an Abbvie deal will be revealed shortly thereafter.  From the November conference call:

"In regards to AbbVie, I am pleased to provide a following update. This quarter Unilife delivered to AbbVie customized electronic reusable auto-injectors based on the LISA device platform on schedule for use in human factor studies. Unilife will recognize $1.2 million in revenue in the second quarter of fiscal 2016 from AbbVie for completion of the LISA feasibility program, in addition to payments received for earlier achieved milestones under that program.
    The exclusivity period for the LISA device platform granted by Unilife under the definitive global strategic agreement signed with AbbVie on January 15, 2015, commences with Unilife's completion of the deliverables under the feasibility program. The milestones tied to the exclusive period for the Unifill Finesse prefilled syringe have also been successfully completed. The parties are also working on agreements for other delivery systems, and the relationship between Unilife and AbbVie continues to be strong....
    Keith Markey
    Just wondering, when you complete the deliverables, meaning I assume the shipment of the LISA automatic injector, does that set a time limit start ticking for the signing of a supply agreement with AbbVie? And if so what would be the timing on that?
    Ramin Mojdeh
    The answer to that is, yes, it does. I can't specify what that time limit is, but there is a time limit for the exclusivity. Within that time period, we anticipate to negotiate that deal with AbbVie."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.