TAH 0.72% 70.0¢ tabcorp holdings limited

I like your style! Probably because I am like minded. My...

1. F01
    2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    I like your style! Probably because I am like minded. My investment timeline is usually years. Sure, I will take the odd short term trade if I stumble across it, but that is the minority of my activities. I too prefer to simply buy decent companies out of favour, and let them grind back up over time while capturing their dividends. Although, as you say, this takes patience, it means I don’t sweat the daily SP fluctuations and I don’t have to watch the market if I don’t want to or can’t.

Everyone wants to get rich quick, but generally they are not willing to put the time and effort into it. This is really fortunate for a company like TAH, because this side of human nature will always be a tailwind for a company whose business is gambling and lotteries, ie the promise of getting rich quick. Ironically, people bring that attitude to the market. Usually with similar results (why do people think the results would be different this time) to the betting on horse and lotteries, but that is another story.

Back to TAH. Ex dividend on Monday and looking like a red day. I am expecting more selling pressure naturally, and looking to add some more around or below 4. How low will it go, I have no idea, but I intend to slowly keep building my position at this stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.0¢
Change
0.005(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.598B
Open High Low Value Volume
70.0¢ 71.5¢ 68.5¢ $8.630M 12.36M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 69.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.5¢ 177702 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TAH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.