GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

MaxyKey is to appreciate that there is some major diversity in...

1. 974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3258
    Maxy

Key is to appreciate that there is some major diversity in the way people buy/hold/sell shares.

Sometimes as humans we see the world in our own eyes and think that most people see it the same way.

It actually doesn't work that way. We can tell from reading posts that the diversity on HC is huge. You can see that some people are new to the game and trading wildly with many great lessons to learn, while some have been in the game and won and lost some and worked out a system that works best for them.

Some people have time to stare at the screen all day, while others get a quick glance at their phone or computer here and there across a day or week. Some people have high paying jobs and this is more of a side opportunity.

It is hard to criticize anyone's strategy without actually completely understanding what they want to achieve, what their risk profile is, or actually what they are doing.

To explain me, I am one of those people that have purchased on the way down (but not from the top) and I am happy about it based on the assumption that the long term narrative will hold true.

Buying this stock on the way down is going to make me more money compared to the scenario if all GXY did was go up in an almost linear line.

You can read the maths behind it here: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-corporate-presentation-july-2019.4862608/page-84?post_id=39596656

If you give that post a good read you will see what I mean.

The reason I invest this way is because it is the best representation of the market lessons, time, money, risk and reward that is me.

But the key to investing is to be very diversified. When you are diversified you win and lose in different areas. The funny thing about HC and GXY is that it is such a passionate stock to own and it amplifies the image being presented. Something about this stock just gets me interested and engaged and it is kind of fun, the HC community around the stock is kind of fun, its a bit of entertainment while also being an opportunity for me to reflect on my thoughts/decisions as it is one of my short term highest risk stocks. If someone was to simply look at my posting history they would think all my money is on this stock, when its the furthest from the truth as I am extremely diversified. My biggest holdings are boring but provide massive dividend yields thanks to the prices I accumulated them back in yester day. These stocks, I basically don't care what they do anymore as long as the narrative is strong enough to sustain the dividend story.

Let's just be aware that we are all different and sometimes we take for granted the perspective of somebody else. Sometimes people are right and sometimes people are wrong, but when playing with money on disallowed learning real lessons is priceless and regardless of what we say or warn people, learn those lessons is important to moving forward successfully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.