A2M 0.87% $6.85 the a2 milk company limited

DON'T GO h00ts, page-22

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    I am a long-term subscriber to Daryl Guppy's Tutorials in Applied Technical Analysis newsletter. In the latest newsletter he writes:

"Traders do not worry too much about tightening stops with this type of trade. The trend is very stable and the open profit is significant. This type of trade has simple trade management. It’s the value of the lower edge of the short term GMMA (multiple moving averages) near $7.00. Some traders may tighten stops once a 30% return is achieved and apply a 1 x ATR stop near $7.25."

"A2 milk is an example of pure GMMA trading. It’s a classic strong GMMA trend. Short term GMMA is consistently separated. Long term GMMA shows prolonged trend strength. The degree of separation between the two groups of averages is steady. The trading method applies is to entry on a pull back and uses the lower edge of the short term GMMA as a stop loss."

I agree with the moving average analysis being bullish for A2M. The potential drawback is that these newsletter case study trades assume 20% fixed portfolio position size. 20% is generally too large to put on one share, partly because the floating stop loss needs to be set too tight. A 1 x ATR floating stop loss often prematurely stops you out of a strong trade like A2M. It happened months ago when Karen Wong exited A2M at $3.14 on May 16th, 2017 based on a 2 x ATR floating stop. 2 x ATR allows more room for normal price fluctuations in a strong up-trend. The A2M trade was entered at $2.64 on the 28th March. I hope she got back in! The corollary is that if a trader is shaken out of a strong trending trade, it is best without hesitation to get back in once price recovers. My signal to get back in would be once price trades above the high of the previous day's high. Also secondary confirmation from multiple moving averages heading up.

(ACX_ALQ_ALU_ASL_A2M_BAL_BKL_BSL_BUB_CWY_EHE_EVN_ILU_SDF)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.85
Change
-0.060(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $4.952B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.83 $6.87 $6.78 $8.532M 1.250M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2151 $6.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.85 27162 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.