VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

don't panic over today's close of 8.1c

1. 234 Posts.
    Despite today's much lower close of 8.1c,I am not panicing.

Where I can get comfort, apart from the repeated fundamentals are:

1. Despite the close of 8.1c,the average price for the day is 8.8c;SP until the last hour was hovering around 8.7-9.0c.

2. there might be many ST traders entered at 10c or higher that were caught up by the DOW slump overnight and had to close out their position at close to market close; Hence the low 8.1c close, which is fueled by the weak market today with 4.3% slump in the AllOrds.

I noticed the same happened to CER around Dec. 21 subsequent to the Dec 17 announcement, share price slumped to 5c at the
    last 10 mins (while most of the day it was traded at above 6.6c). This has made most people wonder why.

3. There is also a strong co-relation between VPG, BBI and CER (except for the impact of Dec 17 announcement) as shown in their charts.

BBI held up white well despite the issues surrounding BNB.

4. Today, given Australia's far better economic fundamentals and the better than expected unemployment figures, the AllOrds apparently overreacted to the Dow fall of 2.x% overnight, which is partially attributable to heavy duty Rio's report of 18% fall in iron ore production in the last quarter.

The Dow futures is improving (in the positive territory now vs negative 44-50pts earlier) and SPI 200 futures now up 16 pts. I see reasonably high likelihood of DOW and AllOrds bounce back in the positive tomorrow.

5. I did see major players trying to prop up the share price during the day via BOT trades, and there might be another player which is puting Bot trades on the down side to absorb. I am sure a lot of us have noticed that.

Albeit such efforts were outweighed by a weak market today and the short-term T+2 traders offloading their position.

6. volume is not very high over the last 3 trading days.

7. In the lead up to Obama's inauguration on 20 Jan, there is a reasonable chance of a rally in the US and thus here..

In view of the above, I won't panic over 8.1c close today.

Anyone has other thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.