Don't panic, page-54

1. 6,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Is your financial advisor a 65 year old guy who still uses windows XP and stuck with old school mentality? When was the last time he ever updated his knowledge base by taking a course? Or does he just know everything he needs to know and applies his learning from 20 years ago... Then again it all comes down to risk tolerance. Crypto is wild, but for good reason.

My point is all your questions are easily answered if you took 5 minutes of your time to research each question. So... Why don't you?

1) Nobody I know has had a bank freeze. Only the very big crypto traders (talking millions of $$) have had their accounts frozen on suspicious activity. This is not something across the board in Australia. If it is, then magically everyone I know has been unaffected.
    If you are, move away from the big 4. Why would anyone bank with them in the first place, I have no idea.

2) A wallet itself is unhackable, it's kind of in the name "cryptographic currency". I can give you my bitcoin wallet.dat file, and you can do absolutely nothing with it. The only thing you can do is guess my password, the weakest link is the person using it, not the technology. Additionally, back up your encrypted wallet.dat file to at least 4 different locations (USB, 2 email accs, PC).

3) Not sure I understand your investment question. You can buy/sell for cash on websites like btcmarkets for aussie dollar. Capital gains apply to crypto just like any other stock you purchase.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.