"don't patronise me, primeminister", page-114

1. 5,919 Posts.
    Thank you Jimmy, for your advice.

Everyone elects to vote in the direction of their principles, priorities and objectives. Okay so my parents voted Labor (please note the Labor party is spelt Labor not ?Labour? - as is the case in the UK) but my using the term ?traditional? does not simply mean that I vote the way I do because of their (my parent?s) political adherence . Just as it is highly likely that the majority of voters who post in HotCopper will never vote Labor there are some, including myself, who would never put pen to paper on the blue side of things. If these voters vote the way they do for the same reasons as me then it is understandable that they would disagree with those who have kicked up so much fuss about a few lousy dollars going to assist flood relief. After all, the need to pull together to address the critical needs arising from the flooding is a classic example of society needing to be a bit more than a mere collection of individuals, individuals who, through statements on this thread, have demonstrated an unyielding level of selfishness. In my weighing up of things I happen to hold the belief that the conservative side of Australian politics is more than a shade too strong on the side of the individual. The Liberals promote themselves as such and pretty much stick to it. On the other hand Labor is a better fit to my view of what society should be on about. They are not perfect but who is? I will put one rider on the statement that I will never go blue. If the Liberals ever make a better? fit? than Labor I would ?turn?. To sum up. Being a member of HotCopper I am most likely an investor in the stock market. This I am. Out to ?make a million? like the rest of you. When I make it I will still be a Labor voter. Talking of selflessness versus selfishness, I will give to you, free, a good stock tip: MLS. Have a read up on it. If you decide to invest and make a dollar you could throw some money into flood relief. And give me a thumbs up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.