Dont trust Albo, page-242

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    The Pink Batts Saga.
    This was just another example, of a government getting involved in something, that it knew nothing about.

I was managing a block of Townhouses at the time, and it saw first hand what happened. Blokes were driving trucks one day delivering the Batts, and the next day they were installing them. There was no training whatsoever. These people were earning thousands a week installing the Batts. There was so much money involved, it attracted the cowboys. At my complex, I supervised every installation, and would not sign off on a job unless I was happy with the work.

I also note, that before the Government money came flooding in, one could get the Batts installed for a couple of hundred dollars less than the government subsidy, but one bore the whole cost of installation. After the subsidy came in, the price went up more than 50% so you had to chip-in an extra $200 to get the job done. Blatant Profiteering.

So all this is a variation on the old saying: All Government intervention is always too little too late, and only serves to exacerbate the situation.

This why, I cannot understand some posters fanatical devotion to any one party.

From what I have seen, the
    Circus remains the same; THEY JUST GET NEW CLOWNS.

Regards....Marum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.