Don't we love France?, page-71

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

I realise this is the Humour Forum, however, please give me some latitude, just this once.

I would recommend that you to observe one minute of silence in Remembrance at 11 am this morning. The 11th hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month.

Humour is wonderful thing and, in my opinion, oh so important to maintaining a healthy mental state in life. The Australian forces in France during WW1 rarely lost their sense of humour, even when living and dying in the most dire of circumstances.

The President of France does not represent the views of the entire French population, just as our Prime Minister does not fully represent your own views. It will all pass.

There is real power of regard and friendship for Australians around the Somme Region. I have been there twice to the visit war graves of 2 Australian Great-Uncles and, yes, it is difficult to hold back a tear – they died way too young and far away from their loved ones.

The Plaque in the Gothic Cathedral of Amiens, to Villers-Bret. The French and Australian peoples still share the common ideals of Justice, Liberty and Humanity.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3781/3781416-9828a64a5b90137a4efd82c36889aded.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.