I can't see the problem here at all. Rather than rewarding...

1. 83,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I can't see the problem here at all.

Rather than rewarding militant behavior by giving ground. This indicates to me that we are taking it seriously.

When in the field officers don't wear caps to avoid making themselves a natural target - police and military whilst moving on regular and predictable routes should not wear uniforms that can identify themselves.

Remember, they are alone on the way to work and almost always there are natural ambush places. Why present an easy target?

Rather than "Totally pathetic and sends completely the wrong message." - it sends a message to me that there are some common sense tactics and procedures that are being set in place.

In other words - we note the heightened risk and we are responding with smarter tactics.

I would also be suggesting to them to vary their routes as well and to avoid any natural entrapment places.

I would also suggest that if they are not already carrying arms to and from home - that they should.

One either accepts that we have a risk or not. If we do and the risks are real - then we certainly should be reviewing procedures.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.