POS 0.00% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

Stevemosh,What, cat got your tongue!I did a bit of reading up on...

1. 1,035 Posts.
    Stevemosh,

What, cat got your tongue!

I did a bit of reading up on the Austin Chalk unit. Interesting to note that the chalk (As characteristic of most chalks) is med-low porosity but more importantly very low matrix permeability. The ONLY characteristic that makes this unit possible for hydrocarbon extraction is the fracturing nature of the rock.
    Going back to sedimentology 101, permeable rocks of this nature have a high initial yield of hydrocarbons / fluids (What you are seeing now) but this rapidly diminishes after a few months. A typical characteristic of the Austin Chalk. So the first drill test come up very positive but it is not an indication of long term flow rates.
    This is why it is horizontally drilled because of the low recovery nature compared to other sedimentary units such as alluvial fans and well soughed sandstones. You have to increase your surface area of the well casings to the unit. This unit is also highly unpredictable and non-uniform fracture characteristic which is why it is almost impossible to accurately calculate reserve models. A lot of the recovery depends on what fracture systems are encounted in the drilling which is very difficult to map even with highly detailed seismic surveys so you are almost drilling blind.
    Another interesting feature is that many companies have had to resolve to using dendritic fracturing to stimulate production in the area.

So I am going to give you a choice. P-off back to BUR and don’t post anything back on POS unless it is constructive or I will be more than happy to post the above paragraph on the BUR page. I am sure a few of the readers there would love to know about the geology.
    I’m not trying to downramp BUR, I am just letting you know what is not told geologically as far as the characteristics of the Austin Chalk goes. At the end of the day the Geology calls all the shots!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $3.474K 884.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
121 96597061 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 51477989 56
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.