XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

Doom and Gloom Thursday, 13 November, 2014, page-7

1. 6,609 Posts.
    I was a lawyer by profession until 1998 but before that I was a mathematician studying econometrics under John Vaughan at Uni of Melb (which shows my age to anyone accustomed with Melb uni - bumped into Neville Norman at an Ormond College dinner in September - theatrical lecturer in his day and a godsend for anyone bored by economics). Then I went back to maths and joined an investment banking team in the UK and now I am retired but will have to go back to work soon if this keeps up (Martis, that is not a cue for you to post).

Anyway, the point of this laboured story is that I struggle with much of the maths and charts put up on HC (particularly Martis' time loops which are theoretically possible in string theory but not possible in market charting). Meerkat is about the only chartist I can follow and, as Hotfire and I have discussed at length, I can usually find any chart that fits my frame of mind. Don't like the daily? Hell, no problem.... weekly looks good!

Conclusion: if the US keeps going up we run the risk of a correction on the XJO and if the US corrects we run the risk of a correction on the XJO. I cannot see the bright side for us in either economics or the XJO chart (which looks sick to me). Again, Martis, just relax..... we all know your view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.