Now death through sin has nothing to do with literal death....

1. 22,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Now death through sin has nothing to do with literal death. Death through sin is spiritual death. Heaven and Hell is a similar concept. Distancing ones self from God is Hell, nearness to God is Heaven. This is the death that Jesus spoke of when He said, "let the dead bury the dead". Nothing to do literally with Adam or his descendants.

I see that word Truth is being tossed out the door Again;

Luke 9:59-60 - And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
    Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Clearly,...wrapped up in these two verses, there are two types of deaths being discussed via Jesus.
    Let the spiritually dead ones bury the literal, physically, dead one.
    ---------------

Now, clothe yourselves with a new personality, (God's) is the same as the concept of being reborn. It has nothing to do with becoming God's image or likeness and all to do with becoming human.

1 Cor 2:4-5 - And my speech and my preaching
    was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (God's Spirit, God's image)
    That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (God's Spirit, God's image).
    -------------

The final proof here is that is says,
    created according to God's will.

The following does Not support you claim, "final proof".

Eph 4:23-24 - And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
    And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

After God is created, after his image = clearly one has to change, work on it, to get to the image of God.
    So,....the current man is not now born in the image of God.
    In short, your seeking God's Spirit to unite, join your Spirit. lead, guide your Spirit.

As his word is Spirit, if you twist with his word, as you have done above, then his Spirit/Word -->Image, is not abiding in you.

John 1:1 ...................and God was the Word --> Spirit.
    In the beginning was the Spirit -> Word.................-> Light.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.