Mr Gordon, I can't keep explaining the Bible to you over and...

1. 6,447 Posts.
    Mr Gordon, I can't keep explaining the Bible to you over and over, you'll have to do some of the work yourself. You're making me tied.

Every scripture that is inspired, be it Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, Moses, Jesus or indigenous, contains seeds of truth that are both relative to its age and more general truths that are eternal.

Isaiah 54:9 The days of Noah show that a Divine Teacher can be rejected in their own life times. Just as Jesus was rejected and left this earth with but a few followers, so too, Noah suffered rejection by the people.

The Ark and the Flood are symbols of the foundation of a new religion. Noah came forth with a new religion and these teachings washed away all the broken and corrupt religions that existed at the time. We know without the slightest doubt that no literal flood occurred, rather it was a spiritual flood that renewed religion, just as a person is symbolically renewed during baptism. The Ark represents a place of salvation and that place is by accepting the new teachings, in this case the new religion of Noah.

Jesus said something similar, as in the days of Noah, etc. This means the same thing, Jesus came with a new religion and a flood of new revelation to wash away symbolically all the old and broken religious beliefs that prevailed when He declared Himself.

So I can't explain any more than that, you either get it or you don't and you remain stuck in you literal mine field.

Religious truth is not absolute, it is a relative truth. From age to age it is renewed with a better, more complete version of the truth as humanities capacity increases. There are truths in both the OT and the NT that are eternal, but the proof that religion is not static, fixed and unchanging is the fact that Noah replaced the religions of His age and Jesus replaced the religions of His age. These religions are not meant to be seen as all running equally concurrent. The NT replaced the OT, even though the OT still contains wonderful truths.

Now have a little think before you reply and do not refer to set answers from your religion because they will be of little or no help to you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.