I wonder if Someone stood in front of a Mosque and start yelling...

1. 34,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1879
    I wonder if Someone stood in front of a Mosque and start yelling at it you preach from a book of genocide against Non believers
    That someone is likely to get arrested and charged with racist remarks or a similar crime against religion
    In a court would a conviction be upheld if for evidence that someone quoted from the Quran verse 8:12 ?

Quran 8:12 – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

If found not guilty of libel given it is written in the Quran would the Quran then be considered illegal or those preaching from it given the following Australian law ?

"The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 forbids hate speech on several grounds. The Act makes it "unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person, or of some or all of the people in the group."[1] An aggrieved person can lodge a complaint with the Australian Human Rights Commission. If the complaint is validated, the Commission will attempt to conciliate the matter. If the Commission cannot negotiate an agreement which is acceptable to the complainant, the complainant's only redress is through the Federal Court or through the Federal Magistrates Service."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.