MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

dose, page-17

1. 1,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    I'll chip in late and briefly - as I trade essentially resource stocks.

MBP's lead compound is a growth hormone analogue. ( a peptide - most peptides are poorly ab/adsorbed via the gut). All peptides are currently injected such as lantus/ analogue insulin.

So MBP has done well to achieve oral peptide admin.

Hormones in high doses can down regulate receptors ( i.e the higher dose actually dose the reverse) and hence the hypothesis / not null (as this is the essense of the trial) of a lower dose ( i.e 0.1mg to 2mg been trialed).

They may well get it right. The market is clearly huge.

All 3 pbs (duromine -trucky speed, reductil and tenuate dospan and 1 otc (orlistat) fat drug at best achieve ~ 6-7 Kg loss(usually y 6 months) and most gain is then lost after the first year. Reductil the best.

Ribonbant and anti-cannaboid receptor drug shows promise in phase III trials.

Growth hormone is in fact used in obestity as a treatment (IM injections).

The modality of choice apart from do more and intake less energy is Laproscopic bariometric surgery ( the gold standard currently - but meets some consumer resistance and its clearly surgical - but results are generally fantastic.

Punters look for

Primary End point - look for >er then 6 kg lost p value < 0.05.

Secondary endpoints include % fat and waist / hip measurements- probably more useful then the headline wt loss.( as GH analogues will increase muscle - i.e trim fat - light, and increase muscle - heavier).

Other 2ndy end points incluse overall improvement in Hdl (raising good chol )and lowering of ldl. Reduced Blood sugar and Hba1c levels. These are seen in any weight loss programe.

I don't hold but will look to buy on the release in March, April.

Hope this helps.

I hope for MBP they have success

finch

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.