GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

double bottom?, page-6

1. 496 Posts.

No double bottom as far as I can tell.

Regarding a price target, I'm not a chartist, just an old-fashioned value investor. But I would've thought that regardless of which way you lean, you'd be looking at an SP target somewhere north of $2.

Chartist: $2 +
    In early-2006 and mid-2007, the SP briefly broke through the $2 mark when the market got excited about the possibility of profits sometime in the future. Now, with near-term profits effectively locked in, you'd think the SP would sail past $2 without breaking a sweat.

Value investor: $6 +
    In October last year, Richard told us that Tata would commit to scale-up sometime in the following 6 months. Check. He also told us that initial scale-up production volume would be 4M sqm and DYE expected revenues of $50/sqm. A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation, which assumes profits are 30% of revenues and the PE ratio is 15, gives a SP of $6.29.

Of course, this ignores start-up costs. But it also ignores Tata's plans to ramp up to 40M sqm by 2016, the Pilkington project, and any other revenue in the pipeline - considerable upsides.

And imo, it ignores a big X factor. Blue sky revenue potential, feel-good environmental credentials, endorsement from big names such as BMW and Sony - DYE could be a market darling in the making. If this happens, all SP bets are off.

Just my opinion. Please check the figures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.