CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

double capacity for desalination plant, page-12

1. 17,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1094
    "In WA desal plants are a vital part of Perth water supply and there is no critsicm."

I had a feeling that was the case in WA. I am sure the same sentiment would have applied in South East Qld had the drought not broken in 2011. At the time that the desal plant was being built there were many ideas being put forward to combat the critical shortage of freshwater, especially for Brisbane.

Floating desal plants in the Brisbane River, pumping water from across the NSW border were some of the drastic measures that were being considered. I live on the NSW side of the border and there were no such concerns due to the reliable water resource available there.

A short walk from where I live highlighted the contrast of the two regions. On one side of the border the parks and gardens were lush and green, while on the other side they were brown and near dead.

Real estate reports suggested that there was a steady flow of Qld buyers coming into Far Northern NSW just to be assured of reliable water supplies.

No doubt there will be another drought and the sentiment will change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.