LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

double down...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    The future potential of Lynas may be untapped and ready for prime time. Amanda must be under tremendous stress in dealing with the Malaysian government yet she continues pull rabbits out of the hat such as updates on Mt. Weld or the JV announcement. Pressing and leveraging Mahathir's comments about keeping Lynas in Malaysia has made it very difficult for Yeo to continue to press her personal agenda.

Yeo has somewhat painted herself into a corner in that she is going to have to concede that Lynas is good for Malaysia. Lately this board and the public have been bombarded with RE reports, everything from HWlooi's excellent analysis nuggets to letters from high ministers touting the safety and obvious economic advantages of making Malaysia a RE center. Bottom line, this ground swell of truthful information will prevail and Yeo will need to make a decision.

It will be very difficult for her to reverse Mahathir's initial comments by announcing Lynas will be shut down. This would surely catch the eyes of the world and any potential investors would question the flip-flop, it could be quite negative for Malaysia. This means she needs to be accept that Lynas is actually the asset it really is and make a tall glass of lemonade...

Hopefully the powers in Oz will welcome Yeo and have a serious discussion on how successful Oz is in dealing with problems as a whole including radiation. They might be able to convince her how critical REs will become and how Malaysia has an unparalleled opportunity to emerge from this political morass as a leader in this nascent technology. If Yeo steps up and shows the world that Malaysia can solve the difficult problems such as the Lynas issue the world will take notice...

To some of us real old timers things look pretty certain now, however there was a time when Lynas was actually a speculative bet. A number of years ago, the famous Jack Lifton personally told me Lynas would not be around more than a year which inspired me to double down on my position...

Well, times have changed and guess what, Jack is still down on Lynas. In a recent article he alluded to the idea that Lynas needs to be taken over my Westfarmer's to succeed. A quote...

Wesfarmers “would have the money and the time” to solve Lynas’ problems, he said. “A $38-billion company can spend a year fixing problems and stay in business. If Lynas were shut down for a year, I think that would be the end of it.”

There goes Jack with those negative waves, must be time to double down again... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.