SYR 5.00% 21.0¢ syrah resources limited

double top reversal!, page-66

1. 616 Posts.
    Hi TANOTFA.

You said: "please allow (or simply ignore, as 5hareholder has suggested) some others to present, and share, their opinion without the cliched FA vers TA tack, the 'heads I win tails you loose suggestions' or reference to the (lack of) skill levels required to draw a few lines".

TAN, no one is preventing you guys from posting anything you want. Seems to me you are confusing others presenting their thoughts with "not allowing you to post yours".

And as far as whether any of the points being made are cliches...Well...I accept that cliches might be being used for comic effect, but they are also being used to make a point.

Just speaking for myself here (not Hoist1), if the content of any of my previous posts has offended you, 5hare, or anyone else, I apologise, and assure you that it was not my intention. Perhaps I was careless in my wording and didn't stop to think how it might be taken. So, sorry about that. I accept that the concepts underlying technical analysis and charting are complex, highly evolved, and would represent a considerable investment in time and intellectual energy to understand and master.

However, if I raise any questions about TA, I'm afraid that you'll just have to accept that they'll exist and continue to float in the public domain alongside your posts. That's what a forum is all about. The readers can take on board whatever they feel is most likely to work for them, and they can ignore the rest. And perhaps, if you can ignore those parts of my posts which you find offensive, it might be worthwhile to ponder the actual questions raised. Technical analysis is not universally accepted as being valid; there is ongoing academic counterpoint on the topic.

And, other than a few personal attacks on me and my ego, nobody has yet actually directly answered some of those questions.

Perhaps let me rephrase some of those questions, as I think it might be interesting to discuss it:

Let's say you use technical analysis to make a prediction that something will happen to the SP tomorrow, but then you also say "but it might not happen" or "signals can fail" or you say some other thing which leaves the door open to another possible outcome, then can you not see that it appears very much from the outside that TA is not seeming of much help?

A second question might be, if TA throws a few possibilities up in the air, presumably you must then use some other method OUTSIDE of TA to choose between the various possibilities that TA has thrown up. And what method would that be?

If these are cliche questions...well...apologies in advance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $214.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $154.8K 754.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 310080 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 581689 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.27pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.