Bob Brown, Greens & double value voting...

1. 814 Posts.
    Bob Brown, Greens & double value voting
    .........................................................................................................

Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Broadcast: 17/10/2007

Reporter: Kerry O'Brien

Greens Leader Bob Brown re-affirms the Greens as a third alternative to the major parties in the upcoming federal election and he said he was hopeful of a change of government.

KERRY O'BRIEN:Bob Brown, you said something at the Press Club today that struck me as very odd. You said people could vote Green at the ballot box without anyone needing to know. Who are the voters you have in mind when you say that?

BOB BROWN: Well, I was talking to the Press Club, the journalist there and said you'll come a way from a ballot box with a smile on your face, that's how people will know. Of course the great thing about the ballot box is we all get our own vote. What I was saying, and emphasising, that voting Green is double value, Kerry, because you send a message to the next government that you prefer the Greens' strong social and environmental policies, and if the Greens is not elected, then that vote goes over as a whole vote to the next party of your choice. It's double value voting.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2007/s2061974.htm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.