RSG 0.70% 70.5¢ resolute mining limited

Sam,You do yourself no favors by talking disaster. RSG is...

1. 1,206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 270
    Sam,
    You do yourself no favors by talking disaster. RSG is performing very poorly and seems totally lost in terms of direction and leadership, but they will not need to be raising capital any time soon. Nor will they be in administration. They have available debt facilities, the Bibiani asset which is for sale, significant asset positions in Loncor, Orca, Manas, Oklo (all of which can be liquidated if required), and are still producing lots of gold (albeit less than projected and at a high cost). They have lots of funding options and lots of time before they get distressed. I expect Gale has several years more of failure ahead of him before he needs to get bailed out. The problems at Syama seem systemic rather than catastrophic so barring any new event (political or operational) the company can continue to perform poorly for 2 or 3 more years before anything really bad happens. They will manage to make the loan repayments or they will sell assets or enter into new gold prepays or do a royalty deal etc.
    Arthur is correct that a merger with PRU would make a lot of sense... from RSG's perspective. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely to be attractive to PRU. Or anyone else.
    Interesting to study the investment performance and value of RSG v PRU:
    In December 2014 PRU and RSG were both traded 25c. (EQUAL)
    In September 2016 RSG was $2.15 and PRU was 52c. (RSG worth 4 times PRU - RSG up 800% and PRU up 100%).
    12 months ago, in August 2020, RSG was $1.35 and PRU was $1.30 (EQUAL - both up 400%). PRU had caught up and RSG had pulled back after the roaster crack.
    Today RSG is 56c and PRU is $1.65 (RSG worth only 30% of PRU).
    Amazing to think how badly Resolute has tanked in just 12 months. The performance in 2021 for RSG has been woeful.
    The current trend between the two companies is clear: RSG heading downwards with very little positive catalysts and board and management with no skills and no skin in the game. PRU heading onwards and upwards with lots of upside and a management team who have toughed it out and proved themselves with two mine builds and no BS and genuine skin in the game.
    My guess is by 2022 RSG will be back to 25c and PRU will be $2.50.
    Good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.