doubts about the china story, page-9

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Their stated priority is employment & infrastructure development. With the unheralded debut of Chinese utes & 4x4's into Australia recently,I would say quite a bit will go into increasing production capacity for their domestic & export motor vehicle industries.The Chinese have had a taste of materialism, so of course there will be a demand to be met in "un-needed stuff".
    just flicked over to Bloomberg for a squizz, and they told me that:
    " Industrial production increased 10.7 percent in June from a year earlier, the largest gain in nine months excluding seasonal distortions. Retail sales climbed 15 percent."
    and:
    "Urban fixed-asset investment surged 35.3 percent in June from a year earlier, the statistics bureau said. The 33.6 percent gain for the first half was the biggest in five years."
    Growth is now tipped to hit 10% in the 4th quarter.
    The figures speak for themselves, YC.

Full article:http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a4Ko6hXpm7dM

So all those rosy figures are due to domestic investment.
    And they will grow.......for a while....as there is just so much they can sell themselves. And no doubt they are seeking export markets in the Middle East & Eastern Bloc to boost exports.
    I would say we have several years' grace, but if the West has not recovered by then to take their previous export level, their "domestic-based" economy will implode.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.