DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

dow closes down 500 points, page-32

1. 50 Posts.
    angelakarps,
    I'm a relatively new investor on the markets too, i.e. a couple of years or so. In Oct 07 I started to get a bit nervous about what I was seeing and hearing in the media, HCopper, ShareTrader (NZ) and a raft of other sources.

At that time I realised that I had too much at stake in the sharemarket and sold off a fair percentage of my shares and plonked the money on my mortgage. Since then I have been watching the trend of ups and downs, excitement and despair, positive reports and negative reports. For most of this year I have been selling off shares that I feel have significant exposure to the whole US debacle that has been emerging. For me it was not a matter of "if" rather than "when".

The news out of the US has been getting worse by the day and as I start to feel a little more nervous, then I sell a bit more. I currently hold only a small amount of shares in 2 mining companies. (You could say "penny dreadfuls")

I have decided to hold on to these though the current storm.

I am saddened to see that so many investors have not seen all the signs, or if they have seen them have decided to ingore them. I'm lucky that I don't do this for a living, however I'm still averse to losing money as much as the next person.

Don't give up, learn from the experience and start to read, read and read some more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJIA (INDEXDJX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.