DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

Gosh DucatiMan, don't be such a negative nancy.BV started with...

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Gosh DucatiMan, don't be such a negative nancy.

BV started with the statement that he reckoned we were in for more economic malaise. He then backed it up when questioned with similar historic situations, eg Great Depression, and displayed a chart of the Nikkei in japan as to what can happen in similar economic meltdowns.

He has also pretty consistantly pointed out that what you say regarding recovery is basically true, but that you might want to be aware of is that other truths occurring right now can have ramifications in the financial markets which means that the recovery process does not necessarily mean great leaps and bounds in the financial markets in the short time span you suggest.

The example of the nikkei is an interesting one and should not be ignored, as like it or lump it that chart does not lie, and the chart spans a time when the dow and other western markets were going gangbusters to the upside and acheiving old highs or new ones.

Ignoring history is a little scarey, as this ignorance seems in my opinion to be one of the reasons that it repeats, or rhymes.. The following generations forget what happened in the past and end up making the same mistakes over and over again.

Personally, v shaped recoveries in my opinion are not realistic, sure they are great if you are riding them, but give me a double bottom any day as that seems to be the requirement to make a truly solid recovery.

On that note though and on the short term.. intraday action last night on the DOW was a classic V.

I reckon the rally is in.

Trouble is in the greater scheme of things, I reckon this rally is good for a month or two, and that's about it.. course I could be wrong and if so I will be making coin no matter what, being one of those short term trader types.

FWIW for our local markets, I'm touting 4100/4000 as the height of the next/this rally.

I may well be wrong...

Hopefully I can ride it long term (more than a day, lol) while it lasts, and I hope all that are long benefit also. as well as hoping ALL players can be resolute in their plans and benefit from their research, ideas and general gumption, the hall marks of humans that I am proud to be associated with.

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJIA (INDEXDJX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.