ASX 0.77% $60.90 asx limited

The word Recession can be misleading. If its only two...

1. 318 Posts.
    The word Recession can be misleading. If its only two consecutive quarters of negative growth, then China would take a slight fall and if the u.s. economy picked itself up off the floor and resumed it consuming ways, China will just start production again.

But if we are talking about a long recession say over a year maybe longer. China will suffer, and there will be a lot of empty buildings and empty roads.

You also have to take into account the inflation factor. All you need is for the middle east to still remain in turmoil, due to the pull out of U.S. forces, and price of oil will be even higher. The Stagflation monster could be hiding in the closet.

Add in a new U.S. president with their own agenda coupled with the fact that this new U.S. president by the fact that they are new will destabilise the overall political landscape and instill a level of uncertainty. Compare that to the fact at least everybody knows where they stood with a Bush government that is pretty piss poor.

I haven't even mentioned global warming or political unrest in other parts of the world.

All in all we are now looking at a period ofincreased uncertainty and greater probabilty of global economic downturn.

Clear winners will be Precious metals, energy, food related stocks, pharmaceuticals. Any downturn in these I'll be treating as buying opportunities.

Learn how to trade CFDs so you can short the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$60.90
Change
-0.470(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $11.80B
Open High Low Value Volume
$61.08 $61.08 $60.58 $14.59M 239.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8 $60.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$60.92 16584 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.