Dopey. Having never practiced as a planner I stupidly expressed...

1. Osi
    15,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Dopey. Having never practiced as a planner I stupidly expressed interest in one such position at the end of last year. I got told that "we don't try to predict the market". I expect it was one of those mobs that try to ratchet up as much money into certain "crap" funds. I didn't pursue the application.

As I see it the punters are being lead by the nose like asses down some very risky pathways. On top of that, punters have been encouraged to use SMSFs to purchase highly leveraged property etc. etc.

My solitary claim to fame was to scare the crap out of one of Murdock's senior execs a few weeks before Lehman went belly up. They acted. Others assumed I was an idiot.

As posted I'm interested in small caps with something new an innovative to offer. This is the only space I know of where it is possible to beat the market BECAUSE the market assumes that they all have a similar high risk exposure. They don't. There are some smaller funds that focus on small caps but there simply aren't enough of them to feed a bloated, head in the sand planning industry.

The bigger ASX companies that may sail against likely market headwinds are those which are both innovative and untied to the doom and gloom of capital city real estate markets and by implication, overall ASX performance.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.