dow technicals, page-33

1. 24,765 Posts.
    The post to which I am replying was posted on the 9th. August by Martis. Here is how it starts:

"My fellow traders.. the DOW plummeted 600+ points to 10800..mega red candle once again...In my opinion only..this is very bearish..In my opinion the 11000 mark was significant in its own right..I had mentioned that if 11000 broke 10500-10000 will come into play VERY QUICKLY...In my opinion, i believe that a big drop will occur tonight once again...

Where is the dow heading martis?? In my opinion i believe the dow will retest 10000 tonight..(maybe) If the dow does not fall to 10000 tonight... it will in the near term..The dow is in no-mans land at current..it will fall to where strong support is depicted..."

My comments:

So what happened to the Dow on the 9th. August. Yes. It did drop from the 8th. August close of 10,809 to a low of 10,588 - not an overly big drop when a 600+ points drop was mentioned in the first line, so psychologically setting the scene for what was to follow in the post.

But even more interesting was that the Dow CLOSED UP 420 points on 9th. August at 11,239. That's right. The DOW CLOSED UP 420 POINTS. It didn't get anywhere near the predicted 809 pooints fall to test 10,000 that night.

Martis, with all due respect your prognostications for what will happen "today" or "tonight" or "tomorrow" imo are often so way off the mark that compared to reality they appear like fantasies.

I guess that is one reason I personally have very rarely read these sorts of threads. I prefer to think clearly and not get messed about with by all these wildly off the mark opinions of what is likely to happen "today" or "tonight" or "tomorrow."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.