XJO 0.28% 8,114.7 s&p/asx 200

that was a very interesting read,just wondering how all this...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    that was a very interesting read,just wondering how all this might relate to consumerism and technology absorption,within society.

i am now thinking about trends of 35years ago and todaY,THERE ARE STRONG SIMILARITIES,AT A CONSUMER LEVEL, ultimately these are the drivers of the world economy.

for eg, in 1974 i purchased a hybrid stereo and colour tv the cost 2k,approx. a third the price of a new holden premier,anyway it was all the rage valves were out and transistors and printed circuit boards in,i still have the stereo in storage it still works beautifully,but has been replaced with more affordable technology courtesy of the chinese.

at every stage of life i have experienced a period of rationalisation,a point where i am content with what i have to service my needs,this lasts until technology becomes more affordable,or something new ,like computers for example,similar things with fashion and of course the change
    of outlook that comes with age.

in the past 7yrs after relationship breakdown ,i have been totally rebuilding my life including possessions,and i do mean totally,while my needs and objectives have been far more modest than previous decades,it surprised that approx 2 years ago i had reached a point of saturation where my needs were satisfied.

the point here is,does society reach a point of exhaustion
    embracing available commercial/retail options of technology,
    on a cost benefit basis,have demand cycles reached the limit
    and is this the real driver of our financial world in responding to broadly based consumer trends on a world scale

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.