PDN 3.74% $11.34 paladin energy ltd

down before up?

1. 9,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    gents

quick thought to share with you. as you know i was recently in pdn but ended up selling out at 21c after the trendline broke and the stock kept synching with oil/energy rather than uranium trends.

normally i like to hold for a long time - but the stock;s behaviour has led me to think that pdn is likely to follow the price of oil rather than uraniums own underlyign demand

and my charts indicate oil is quite close to a significant reversion back toward $40 - with a major equity market selloff

my view on uranium demand fundamentals remains unchanged and positive

but i think PDN has the same problem many US solar energy stocks had last year when their share prices were crushed because of links into energy ETFS and indexes, despite the actual subsector fundamentals drastically improving for many of the stocks.

Best of luck for those with the cojones to stick with it lt.

But as i think an oil led market correction is coming - ill be on the sidelines watching how pdn behaves as a stock.

in poartgicular if and when uranium spot price rises but oil falls - that will be the best indicator to me of whether pdn can find its own path or is just trapped by its sector

i think for truer 'uranium-specific' performance you may need to go to smaller uranium stocks that arent in the indexes.

my 2c

im changing sentiment to sell rather than hold because of technicals

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.34
Change
-0.440(3.74%)
Mkt cap ! $3.390B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.39 $11.56 $11.31 $36.85M 3.234M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3200 $11.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.40 1054 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.