CSL 0.50% $275.86 csl limited

no worries. let me explain.to unpack your statement, you talked...

1. 1,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 542
    no worries. let me explain.

to unpack your statement, you talked about day trading, macroeconomics (inflation), fiscal policy, the graphite market and then demand and CFDs...there's a lot there to link up, hah!

the original statement was about a punter looking in to the lithium market, my response was to advise that individual check out the graphite market. I advised this because I'm slowly learning more and more about where the bottle neck lives in Lithium batteries, and it's not lithium.

if I'm not wrong, I think PLS just flogged a bunch of product for over $5000/T. I'd have to double check but if not, that's up a monsterous amount in a relatively short time frame. as a result, every bright spark has run off in to lithium mining with junior miners popping up everywhere.

eventually I see production coming online and maybe some of the fad coming out. but did you know you need more kg of Graphite in a lithium battery than you do Lithium?

where does all the battery grade graphite come from? 2 sources. China...and Syrah. Only one company has the largest graphite mine in the world and the only ex-China supply of anode material. this is why Tesla just signed up Syrah for their battery product.

I see RNU coming up quickly too. another nice company. but not as attractive as Syrah due to how Syrah an operational and vertically integrated to go from
    mine to battery.

r.e inflation etc. I don't see this problem rectifying until rates are over 2% and slow spending. all this does is cause the indicies to tank. if you have a well performing miner, they do well as inflation runs as they just hike their prices on their product.

The Fed will lift 50 points this coming week and maybe begin selling down their balance sheet, so I would be shorting the Russel and the Nasdaq if you play with CFDs. but after the 4% tank on Friday I would expect a relief rally first.
    Last edited by TimtamTom: 01/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$275.86
Change
1.370(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $132.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$274.68 $276.02 $273.87 $20.68M 75.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10 $275.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$275.88 26 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.05pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$276.06
  Change
1.370 ( 0.58 %)
Open High Low Volume
$275.75 $276.43 $273.91 84743
Last updated 12.25pm 02/05/2024 ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.