LYC 0.00% $6.74 lynas rare earths limited

down down, prices are down..

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    And STILL the shorting bots are at work. Yes, I'm sure that some of the selling is just that - selling. Straightforward, ordinary selling - probably by people fed up with all the waiting and the Malaysian Games.

But there is still a LOT of shorting going on, and bots trying SO hard to walk the price ever downwards. Every buy trade is followed by a small bot trade taking the price down one tick, or even to one of those silly "centre matched prices" of 0.002 or 0.007

The last ASIC update for outstanding shorts was at 7th June, and was still over 178 million shares, or about 10.4% of the company. No sign of any serious covering yet.

Yes, yes - for the holier-than-thou types who say "But shorting is legal so join them" - I know it's legal, but IMHO it shouldn't be. We've had this discussion many times - and I still think that it is a scam. Selling something you don't own is nothing but a contrived scam. And especially in this age of bot trading where they can make it a self-fulfilling prophecy with virtually no chance of failure.

Put me down as one of those complaining about shorting - I think it is scandalous and pure manipulation. That's my position on it, and it is not going to change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.74
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.300B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.80 $6.66 $14.09M 2.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7791 $6.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.75 13142 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.