DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

down down prices is down, page-29

1. 10,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 592
    From proactive investors.
    Some if the info is incorrect

Discovery Metals (ASX:DML) – Chinese sell 2.5% of their 16.2% stake in Discovery
    • Discovery Metals’ shares have fallen again due to the sale of stock by the Chinese following the effective withdrawal of their offer for the company.
    • The shares have pulled back sharply since the offer and are now significantly lower than levels reached pre the Chinese bid.
    • Stock sales by funds interested in arbitrage of the offer and by the Chinese have depressed prices to levels not seen since July 2010 eg before the financing of A$151m for the mine in November/December 2010 and the Chinese bid.
    • Shareholders may be concerned that the Chinese are also looking to offload their remaining 13.72% stake in the company.
    • The Chinese bidders were not allowed full access to the company’s information on the mine, plant and ore bodies due to the hostile approach taken.
    • The bid was seen by management and the market as opportunistically timed and as an unwelcome distraction during the commissioning process.
    • Management plan to expand the scale and production of the mine and plant in short order. This should add new value to the operations and could attract a higher and more appropriately timed bid in good time.
    • In the meantime the mine has suffered a couple of minor events which have served to delay the ramp up and reduce initial production through heavy rainfall and a small pit wall event.
    • Discovery have published their half year numbers to end December today
    • The company have A$48m in cash giving a good cushion against further commissioning issues should they arise.
    Conclusion: Discovery’s shares appear to have been marked down in the market as the Chinese and M&A focussed hedge funds exit the stock. While the shares could fall further we feel they represent good longer term value for investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.